One month in

This is perhaps the easiest choice of topics in the long and illustrious lifespan of this blog. We're one month in, over 750 views, and the icing on the cake, I got derfed.

I'm not about to sit on my backend and revel in this glorious moment (I might take a min or two ;) ) by myself, so a BIG thank you to everyone reading this and especially to the retweeters among the HMSVU!



---

How about some cool stats?

Since this blog started a month ago, the number one referral method is through twitter, so every single retweet and favourite really counts! Right now the overall count is over 500 views with most of them from Twitter, Manadeprived, and a few other random sites. I've tried my best to share the link without being spammy and to always to post it when it's relevant to the material at hand.

My Hearthstone article is the most viewed by a significant margin, behind it are how much is too much article and my top 10 cards. I always want to keep my posts interesting and unique so it'd be interesting to hear what you like the most.

Most of you reading are from America, followed by Canada and then the rest of the world. I have viewers from: UK, Indonesia, Russia, Spain, Australia, Germany, France, and the Caribbean...and I'm sure the IPs are being mixed up a bit with NZ and Portugal not appearing! I LOVE the global viewership guys and gals!

Twitter has been amazing for sharing your stories as well! It's been awesome to follow along on your MTG experiences from Asia, Europe, the US, and the South Pacific! Twitter so much more than just sharing what you had for lunch, and it's incredible how it's been a such a tool for networking and growth. Heavy Meta is built on a foundation of personalities and chemistry and is distributed far a wide by mutual interests and the viral nature of Twitter sharing.

---

Where do we go from here? I want to continue to produce short, interesting stories and perspectives that you can enjoy or at the very least give you food for thought. If there was anything I would like to increase..it might be my approachability, whether it be on Twitter or just in people responding to my posts, I really do savour the interaction over these mediums. What do you think? Let me know :)

Finally, I want to thank @Derfington for taking the time to do a picture of me in his unique and always eye catching art-style. It's something I've wanted so badly for so long, and I know these things take time and energy. Thank you!

I remain in awe of how fast this Heavy Meta machine continues to roll forward.



@Ricostravels

No comments:

Post a Comment