Top 10 cards I can't wait to play with

As some of you may know, or have figured out from my cryptic twitter handle, I travel (What does Rico do...He travels - Kevy)

I love travelling, but it keeps me from playing MTG a lot of the time (like right now where my closest card shop is a 1 hour flight away or a 24 hour swim). To make a long story short, I haven't got a chance to play with paper cards since the 2013 winter holiday season and I won't until 2014.

So without further or do, here are the top 10 cards I can't wait to play with in no particular order!

---



1) Scavenging Ooze - Can't wait to play with this card, the om nom nom ability looks sick, finding a way to get your ooze through seems to be the biggest problem but luckily that's what removal is for..it also feeds the ooze! Supposed to be less powerful with Theros but I won't know the difference :)

2) Deathrite Shaman - I've never had a chance to play with this guy, but I can see him fitting into a Std Rock deck or fueling my Modern BR burn deck into the later game. Not completely sold on either but I'm looking forward to taking it for a spin regardless.

3) Dark Confidant - Modern BR burn, loading up on twice as many cards (or more) per turn sounds burntastic to me! More an investment piece in case I can pony up to play Modern Jund!

4) Lightning Bolt - It's THE burn spell, I'm in no way new to this one but it's fun to have so many options. #gentlemenburninatorsociety

5) Firedrinker Satyr - This is my noob card. When it came out I called it "garbage" because I frankly couldn't see past its downside. Excited to take this for a spin and discover what this card is really made of.

6) Sphinx's Revelation - I had this sucker in my Std UWR Tempo deck but never needed to cast him (note: UWR Tempo might as well have been Red and blue and white deck wins -- perhaps my fav deck ever).

7) Thoughtseize - A lot of hype around this one. If I can ever afford to pick them up, I'm interested to give them a go. Feeds the ooze? Nom.

8) Shocklands - Knowing your 3 colour deck is sorted by turn 2 is a great feeling.

9) Dreadbore - Planeswalkers are going to pile up in standard so killing them for BR is fine with me. At this stage I don't really like planeswalkers, they complicate the game (make it very expensive) and the more recent changes kinda kill the flavour, I'm also still new so simple is better.

10) Jace, Memory Adept - This is the only standard legal planeswalker I own. I could never get him to mill someone to death, but with all these Sphinx's revelation decks, you could see it happening and being a key piece in the mirror match.

---

That's all for me this week, I'm pretty excited to get to actually play this game again. The amount of time I spend reading up on playing MTG so I can finally play like I know what I'm doing, when I do physically get to play with my paper cards, is absolutely bonkers. I've ordered a pile of cards from FacetoFacegames, and I can't wait to get my HeavyMeta shirt when I get home in December #EarlyHolidayPresents

Until then, DotP 2014 will have to do!

@Ricostravels -- Thank you for every Retweet and Favourite! Which cards are you looking forward to playing with?

No comments:

Post a Comment